A deliciously refreshing herb and fruit-filled cocktail, perfect for summer entertaining or enjoying on those lazy afternoons. This recipe boasts fresh flavours with the smooth combination of bitter and sweet balance.
What's In It?
30ml fresh lime juice
20ml sugar syrup
3 chunks of watermelon
2 chopped basil leaves
1 pinch of salt
How to make it:
1. Prepare the sugar syrup by heating equal parts of water and sugar until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
2. Cut the watermelon into 1 inch chunks (remove any seeds)
3. Place watermelon, basil and salt in a cocktail shaker, muddle until combined.
4. Add the Gin, lime and simple syrup. Fill with ice and shake.
5. Pour into a glass and top with ice and garnish with extra watermelon and basil.